Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Just not True!

Historically Bogie has had the most voracious appetite I've ever seen on an animal OR a person. The day that he was neutered and he was six years old, he dragged himself on his elbow to his food dish and swallowed every bite. When Zoie blows chunks, he considers it an appetizer for his own meal. He NEVER forgets to remind me it's dinner time, even when he's asleep. He jerks to awareness and leaps to his feet and often times awakens me from an afternoon nap, with his tongue to my face. Daylight Savings Time won't even trick him.

This morning when I awakened, Zoie was on my heels to go outside and when I reached the back door, there on the floor, right before the door was a meadow muffin to the likes I've never seen. It was tall, puffed up but sans a squiggle on top. In measurements, let's say 5" X 8" and 4 inches tall. I was aghast and a gassed. Zoie was afraid to go too close to it, as she was worried about being blamed. I knew it wasn't she, as she goes upstairs to do her dirty deeds, like a lady. When Bogie finally got up about 10 minutes later, he sleeps in most days, he lowered his head as to admit to the insult. He walked towards it, but detoured into the kitchen and around the island, so as to miss the thing entirely. Pretty smart that boy of mine. As he walked out the door, I muttered the words, "bad boy" as he passed me, him lowering his head about an inch to acknowledge my offense.

The next thing on Bogie's list of things to do is usually to get a long drink from the outside water supply, then pee and then come back to the door barking insistently for his breakfast, while I'm eagerly preparing it, so as to avoid his screaming. The meadow muffin was just to the right of where he stands to eat and I thought as a lesson, I'd just leave it there, knowing that dogs won't shit where they eat, or so they say. Bogie, in an all out effort to erase that foolish adage, came in, stood firmly next to his turd and swallowed his breakfast at record breaking speed. It was only when he was completely finished that he rose his head and looked at me to say, "See, it's not so bad", and walked away.

Mel
5/20/08

No comments: