Monday, October 8, 2012

A New Free Dating Service

She looks normal, right?
Someone told me about a dating service that was supposed to be quite good and best of all, it was a free one. It's called OKCUPID. As my membership on Match.com comes to an end, I'll certainly need a replacement in order to continue the disappointments I currently experience quite often. Now if you think about it, the people my age and myself included, that are on random dating services are flawed in one way or another. They are not available for dating because they were such good partners, unless of course they are widowed and that's a different situation. Let's face it, we have proven to the world that we are not good at relationships, either that or picking the right person for ourselves.

So last week I filled out the questionnaire and was totally shocked by all of the questions and how personal they were. I answered 212 questions and never saw the end. One question wanted to know how many times a week I masturbated, gasp! (I skipped that one)

Now Match.com has a censoring system that keeps everything on the up and up. Trust me, you can't say shit, that they don't check. They don't allow arrows or other little pictures like this ( o ) ( o ). Obviously eyes. Match wouldn't permit me to use a picture where I was holding a cup up to my face. It violates some rule. On this new dating service you can use pictures of your genitals and no one seems to care. The legitimacy of the pictures sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. It's totally dependent on the honesty of the member posting the picture. All I know is that I continually write to and get the telephone numbers of women that seem to look like Jennifer Hudson and by the time we meet, Betty White shows up!

Last night I had a hard time sleeping. I was up several different times, bored with nothing to do. I'd go to the computer and browse, looking for something that interested me. I looked on OKCupid and saw a woman that had looked at my profile, so I decided to read her profile. The first thing I noticed was that it was long. The lady was rather attractive and 56, so I looked further. Her profile was really long, just what I needed to get sleepy, I thought. It started out talking about Atheism and how there should not be such a word, that it unnecessarily classifies people. Then it went on and on saying how God kills babies and so forth. After several typewritten pages, it stopped and switched to how she hates organized religions and how they cause wars and the creation of classes. Fast forward to politics and I'm no longer reading but doing an IQ test. I learned the woman was very articulate and had a fantastic vocabulary, but my test was not the usual IQ test. My IQ test stood for Insanity Quotient. Why in the world was she ranting to a dating service??? I wanted to write her and ask if she's had any comments so far, but that might start her going after me and just what I do not need is another loony!

Since joining last week, I wrote a few notes to women, then realized they were pretty inactive. After learning my way around their website, I decided to just wait for women to write to me. Naturally I've received my share of notes from overweight elderly ladies that are all of three to five words and one email from a rather attractive lady, but she lived in Mexico. This morning around 6 AM, I awakened to the sound of my phone vibrating, yes I downloaded the app. It was a 6 word email from the woman pictured above. I found her average to a little below. Well maybe a lot below. To give her the benefit of the doubt, I didn't read her profile beyond the address that showed that she lived 2 hours away, but did look at her other pictures and this is what I found:



I slammed my laptop closed and went to the restroom to wash out my eyes. If I had looked even a minute longer, I could have been blinded.

No comments: