Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One Sexy Bitch...

I was going to entitle this Dog Park Dynamics, but the problem is not isolated to the park.

As mentioned in previous posts, Zoie has become quite the social butterfly. We attend the park at least twice a day and Zoie, amazingly gets along with everyone from children to Yorkies. She gives everyone a sniff and if she likes them, she sticks around to play. However, the poor girl is the victim of attempted rape at least once a day. Her latest accosters were a tag-team match of Boxer brothers. We spotted them from across the park and they must have caught a whiff of Zoie, because it became a race to the death to "get" to her. The Alpha brother took the lead and got to the goods first. With a quick sniff and a little hoist up, that little guy was doing his best to reach poor Zoie, who was trying her best to get him off her hind side without hurting his feelings, while the little brother whispered "sweet nothings" in her ear.

What is polite in a situation like that? Should I have grabbed the Boxer and pulled him off of my little virgin or should I have waited for the slow walking owner to get there to do the honors? I went ahead and pulled the rather rambunctious Boxer off of her while his little brother cheered him on. Pretty soon, I could hear the owner, a tall man about my age yelling Woody, STOP! When the old guy finally got there, he assured me that his dog is only displaying his male dominance. I commented that he named him properly and that with a name like Woody he seems to be living up to his name and maybe he ought to rethink that choice. All the old guy could do was ask, huh?

No comments: