Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What a Shitty Day...

The call came at 9:07 this morning, that my childhood friend had passed on to the next world, if there is such a place? Probably because the lines were so busy because of the election, it went straight to voicemail. Either that or it was another malfunction of AT&T, that I've become used to since contracting with them. It was Barry's wife calling and from the tone of her voice, I could tell it was the news we were all waiting for. Barry was a big Obama supporter and he waited until after the election to finally let go. When his wife announced to him that Obama had won, she claims he raised his brow in approval then never moved again. For me it was the end of an era, of having someone for 55 years that I could always count on to cover my back in any situation I was involved in, whether I was right or wrong. He was always there. I'll miss him.

Next I called my doctor's office to make sure the lab had my orders for me to get my blood tested at the Pima Rd. location, as that is way closer for me now. They assured they would be faxed immediately, but when I got there, of course they were all in the dark and had no idea what I was talking about. Thirty minutes later, after calling the original location again, they STILL didn't fax it and I got pissed off and left. 

Next, after placing my car on the 101, I was heading towards LJ's home, as she had invited me over to hang out with her and Macy, the pup. After calling to let her know I was on my way and her not answering, I decided to abort and head home, after all, it's a 10 miles drive. 

I am currently living with a woman and her 30 year old son. The son has a cat! I know, strange, right? Plus the cat is a little insane. I was a little hungry by this time, so I was standing in my room, smearing cream cheese onto a bagel and not aware of the fact that the cat had wandered into my bedroom. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the wacko cat, jumps up from the floor and attaches itself onto my back with it's claws. I mean out of nowhere. I didn't even know what the sudden surge of pain was from. It was hanging from the flesh on my back, right between my shoulder blades, just below my head and I couldn't get her off. Finally I fell against the wall and she leaped off evidently and she clawed me all he way down to the ground. What a great short movie that would have made, but no one was around besides me and that whacked out cat. I think I devised a new dance step. It kind of reminded me of being sucker punched. I sat quietly in my chair, bleeding and eating my bagel.

Not much happened for the rest of the afternoon, except that cat continued to try to kill me, so every time she showed her head in my doorway, I threw a shoe in her direction until she figured out she was NOT welcome anymore.

About a week ago, I was contacted by a lady on one of my dating services and to my surprise, I kind of liked her. She's 5' 3", with a nice figure, blond hair and blue eyes. When we spoke, she had one of those cute personalities and there was a great deal that I liked about her. Sense of humor was great and had been married more times than me. I was really looking forward to meeting her, in spite of the fact that she was geographically undesirable. She lived in Awataukee, about 20 miles away. After reading a few emails, I decided to look at her profile on the service again, because I couldn't remember how tall she was and out of the blue I saw it. SHE SMOKES! Why didn't I ever see that before I started liking her? So I wrote her an email explaining what I had discovered and that it was a deal breaker, adios amigo! I hope tomorrow will be better. I'm supposed to have lunch with my son, then a haircut. I could lose an ear!

No comments: