Monday, November 17, 2008

The Rat Turned Out to be a Bunny...


The very first thing I did this morning was to check to see that the $3100 deposited in my account by the people that bought my 93 Buick was still in there.

Friday when I awakened, I checked my balance and sure enough the people that I thought we con artists had followed through and deposited money into my account. Then I called my bank and was eventually connected to April, the wire transfer expert from my bank. She assured me that once a wire has been deposited into my account it cannot be reversed without my written consent, unless a civil lawsuit indicated otherwise. In other words the money was mine, to do with whatever I pleased and could not be taken back after I refunded cash and gave a car and title to the customer, that frankly did not instill a lot of confidence in me. Once again the old adage, "Better safe than sorry" came to mind.



It must be my age that make me more cautious than usual or it could be the fractured economy that makes me so leery, but I don't recall ever feeling so weak about a customer. I'm happy to say that I was wrong about the whole thing.................so far!

Mel

11/17/08

No comments: