Thursday, May 26, 2011

Do I Attract CRAZY?

Today has been a day that would be better to end than to continue living through. I already detailed out the trauma of euthanasia and then just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water, I get an unsolicited email from a woman on Plenty of Fish that literally caused serious head scratching. I'll post that email here and keep in mind this woman wrote to me, but just the usual, "I liked your profile" stuff. I didn't respond because she lives far away and I have other things going on.

The sitcom that is my life continues. Now I am hosting three crazy Czecs who flew in
Monday. They arrived with home made brew of some sort. They do not speak english,
they just do not stop. They are up 3 hours before me and stay up after I give up and go
to bed. Last night we were scorpion hunting and we were a block from the house before
I noticed that 2 of them were not wearing pants. they want to take them home with
them (dead of course). I have no idea when they are leaving, but will let you know the
minute I come out of my alcohol and exhaustion induced coma. They think I am looking
up coordinates for more adventures now. gotta run before they get the alcohol out
again. keep in touch so POF does not delete you. I would still like to meet

Cathy

What would you make of it? Yeah, me too. Again, I didn't reply.

At about 7:30, LJ had had enough of today and retired for the evening. She closed her door, turned off the light and went to sleep. About 15 minutes later, I was outside lighting the grill when I thought I heard someone ring the bell, but it might have been on the TV. I came back in the house and headed for the kitchen where we keep the burgers and it rang again. It was completely dark outside and our front lights were off. Not too many people even know I live here, so more likely than not, I figured it was someone to see the Lovely Jules. However she'd had a horrible day and was fast asleep. I didn't want to explain to some old boyfriend the details of my presence here, not to mention she has an unhappy brother that is not to be trusted. All of these are things that went through my mind as the bell continued to ring repeatedly. I decided to ignore the ringing, but then the would be visitor started pounding on the security door and screaming "open the door and let me in", in a woman's voice! That made me not want to answer even more. Suddenly LJ stumbled out of her room, clearly awakened by the intruder and opened the door to find the crazy person had left. She shook her head like it was some kind of a dream and went back to sleep. Me, I ate my burger.

What would you have done? My theory is that when someone rings your bell at 8 or 8:30 PM uninvited and without a previous call, it can't be something I want to deal with. Isn't that how home invasions start?


2 comments:

Jamie said...

What a weird-ass day you had! Yeah, I probably wouldn't have wanted to deal with it all either, but my curiosity would have gotten the better of me. Hey, it's Friday. Bound to be a better day. Hugs, buddy. :)

Anonymous said...

Probably more scorpion hunters...that was a hoot to read...But yeah, I'd hide behind the window and wait em out...NMS