Friday, March 30, 2012

Costco Stopped Sucking...

In all fairness, I report them as I see them and Costco gets a big thumbs up for this move. I found myself in the area of Business Costco and I thought I'd stop and see if they had any of my little red and white candies from Brach's, that I'm addicted to. Then I realized I had been off of them for about a month, why start the addiction going again? I filled up my tank and when the total was a gazillion buck's, for some reason I remembered the package of chopped sirloin burgers that I had to throw away because they were spoiled. I've been buying those burgers for many years and have never had trouble with them in the past, but it kind of bugged me to have to throw away an item that cost about $18. No, in all fairness again, I was able to consume about 1/2 of them, but Costco is so good about standing behind their products and I seldom return anything, except for that cell phone that went haywire last year, when Costco got the new reputation of sucking, since their reaction to my problem was. "Go screw yourself". So there I stood at the return station and no one was working it. I was there about 5 minutes when another customer asked if I worked there and could I help her? I rethought my attire and politely said, no. I patiently awaited someone to assist me. Several employees asked if I needed help and promised to send someone and eventually, about 10 or 12 minutes in total, someone came and asked if she could help me. 


I told her of my problem and she asked if I brought the tainted beef in? I gave her one of those looks that said, would you bring spoiled meat directly to the store where you purchased it or would you eat something else because it was dinnertime and throw away the smelly stuff? I told her that storing spoiled meat in my car, even in cool weather was not a crowd pleaser and I'd lost more than one friend doing so, not to mention being followed by numerous cats. That I did not bring it in and she should be thanking me, since she was about 8 months pregnant and the smell alone would have brought on labor! Once again I casually mentioned that I was a customer back when they were Price club and she looked up my account and saw it was almost as old as her. She ran for a manager and the combination politely refunded my $18 plus tax, crediting it to my credit card. I told her that I was headed to the freezer to repurchase the exact same burgers, as they have become a staple in my diet and she said not to bother, as they no longer carry them, since they've had trouble with them. Humph!

No comments: