Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back to Work...

We both knew what happened last night would never again happen, yet it did. I certainly wasn't expecting it and when it happened, I was as surprised as anyone. We both knew better, yet that didn't stop us either. I guess when the urge is there, it's like an itch that needs to be addressed. For the most part, I was asleep during the entire thing too. Bogie pooped on the billiard room floor.

I couldn't sleep last night. Although I knew what was keeping me up, I couldn't do anything about it. It was just one of those nights that you cannot fall asleep. I watched a movie about scary stuff until 5 AM and tried again, but merely dozed off into a surface sleep. Shortly after 3, I was sitting at the computer surfing different things and Bogie came staggering out of the bedroom rubbing his eyes and had that lost look, like why aren't we sleeping? He walked over to me and laid his big head on my lap reminding me of a little boy awakened with a bad dream. I hugged him and told him I loved him and he went to sleep on the sofa while I pounded away on the keys of the computer writing an email to a lost love. A tear ran down my cheek as I realized that my email was written to the past.

Well, my retirement seems to be over for the time being. Paul called me tonight to tell me two things. First that every time he calls my cell phone he gets a fast busy signal and that it's been that way for a couple of weeks. Second, he asked how much I need for one of the cars on my front line that his daughter showed an interest in. I told him and he asked if I would accept 5 months of free rent for it. I thought about it and it was a win/win situation and told him yes. I'd had that car for about 3 years and it wasn't getting any more valuable, so I guess I'm back in business for time being anyhow, minus one car.

The dating service had been rather kind to me of late, but I'm not in the mood to pursue anyone currently. I think I just need a brake for a while...

In case you haven't noticed, I'm a 3 dot guy... Some people like a lot of dots, but not me...............................................................................................

No comments: