Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I MAY Have Been Fired from the Sweat Shop...

Another bad day for Bogie, my 300 LB Great Dane. I was awakened about 4 AM from his constant retching and it continued pretty much all morning. By 10 AM, I had already done a full load of towels from cleaning up after him. At 10 AM a friend called asked if I'd like to join her at Fashion Square to shop for her grandson's 1st birthday. Frankly, shopping is usually not my idea of fun, but anything that would get me out of the arena that I was currently in, was a blessing. Bogie seemed to have calmed down and I hopped into the shower.

When my friend arrived the Dynamic Duo looked like they had been playing all day and you never would have known Bogie was so ill. We headed out and arrived at out destination by noon. Shortly after walking into Macy's, the reason that we were there was to see the new FAO Schwartz display that was supposed to be 15000 square feet within Macy's walls. When we got there, it was about 1000 sq. ft of a bunch of crap. No ornate toy store, just a bunch of hype. We were promised that it would be 3500 sq. ft by Christmas, but we didn't have time to wait!

We headed out and my friend got a phone call from a co-worker that turned into an argument rather quickly and lasted a good 20 minutes. While I stood around with my hands in my jeans front pockets kicking stones and trying not to listen to what was more than audible, a rather short woman approached me and said, Mel? At first I drew a blank and had no idea who this woman was when suddenly I recognized Valerie Ferguson, my elusive vet. She was shopping and looking like she knew her way around the mall. This is why I can never find her in her office. I managed to turn what started out as a chance meeting into a full blown office visit. All that was missing was Bogie. I was able to get enough information out of her to settle Bogie down, the next time he flares up with this Pancreatitis. She said to give him 40 MG of Pepsid AC, twice a day. My next stop was Albertsons for Pepsid AC. What do you suppose put me at the mall, a place I NEVER go, at the same time my vet is there, when I needed her?

Next stop was Aho Al's for a delicious Mexican lunch and then more shopping and home. My legs and feet were officially worn off and the Dynamic Duo were pleased to see me. Naturally, I brought dog chow and Pepsid AC!

Mel
9/10/08

No comments: