Thursday, September 11, 2008

Zack is Back!

I thought it was kind of unusual that as swamped the "Boss" was, I was given 3 days off in a row. Even though, I planned my week accordingly and left my Friday open for work. I laid out my work clothes and even bought a dozen roses for the "Boss" to try to sway her in my direction, for more hours. I actually didn't buy the roses, but swiped then from a funeral, as I was passing our our local cemetery.

I called the "Boss" today to inquire as to her health, as she had been complaining a lot lately about her workload and her incompetent help (me). I feared she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. When I called, the "Boss" was in a jovial mood, talking of a new job she was excited about and that an old friend of hers stopped by to say hello. It was Zack. I had heard of the "Legend of Zack" a young man that was born with 12 arms and could do plastics, primarily connectors, faster than any man alive.. I could only hope to meet the "Legend" in person one day and learn his technique. I heard that with the electric drill in one hand, he could put in a connector, insert light pipes, glue in light pipes, attached breather bars and have it ready in seven seconds and that's only using 6 of his 12 God given hands. The left side of his anatomy was helping himself to a bowl of home made chili and washing the "Bosses" dishes, while cleaning her pool. Why do you suppose they call him the "Legend"?

Well, it turned out that the "Legend" was available to work and had even taken a job at a local Dairy Queen to support his addiction to knitting. That's when the "Boss" told him to relax those 12 arms and sit down. All she currently had working for her was one withered old man that can't seem to drill in connectors without twisting the gasket into a pretzel. That she can get rid of the old geezer with no problem. Zack, who had shaved his head for the Dairy Queen job, said he'd be happy to come back to work, leaving me.......... once again, unemployed.

My new plan, as soon as I shave my head, is to apply at Dairy Queen. I think they're going to have an opening...

Mel
9/11/08

No comments: