Monday, September 1, 2008

Introducing Meg...


As much as the "Dating Guy" didn't feel like going anywhere today, Meg got me motivated. This is one of those weekends that dragged on and I played with the dogs and did things around the house, although nothing reflects it. Poor Bogie is in his last days and his health is doing poorly, but he still loves to eat and plays a little with Zoie and comes to me at night to be groomed and pet and loved. He gets anything he wants from me at this stage of life. Last night, after staying up really late to watch the end of a movie that wasn't really worth it, I finally called it a day around 2 AM. Bogie got me up at 3 to use the facility and then again at 4 to get a drink. I got up myself to use the restroom at 4:30 and there was Bogie laying alone in the living room stretched out on the white carpeting. He's sleeping all day and up all night. The phone woke me at 9, but I chose to sleep though it and when I finally got out of bed at 10, there was a mess on the floor.

There was a message from Meg on the machine saying to call when I had a chance, so after a cup of coffee, I did just that. I found Meg friendly, engaging and otherwise easy to talk to. After about 90 minutes, I thought about a shave and a shower and a meeting. Meg is a lot closer to my advanced age and we found that we had a great deal in common. She was raised Jewish and we share a similar heritage and agree on a lot of topics. Meg is a decorator and loves her work. Since we lived so close, she gave me her address and I was able to pick her up at her house. She lives in a beautifully decorated home that is more than adequate for her needs and right in my neighborhood. I even drove my date car over there! She and her home were both charming and she even looked like I thought she would. She's 5' 4" and wears a size 4. (I asked) I think that Meg liked me too as she invited me to go with her to a wedding next month. That's a long time to look into the future for the over 50 dating world.

We headed to the bar where Meg had 2 glasses of wine and I had a coke. we discussed my not drinking and I explained it to her in detail. Society has made it almost hard for a non drinker to exist without the suspicion that they might be an alcoholic, while everyone that does drink, worries that they are. I simply explained that I used to drink too much so I quit. Period! Almost without warning it was 4:30 and I needed to head home to feed the Dynamic Duo and Meg agreed to go with me. We were greeted at the door by 400 LB of Great Danes and Meg was a little overwhelmed at first, but LOVED them. She bent over and let Bogie lick her right in the face. You can tell the people that really like dogs compared to the ones that are just trying to please me. One time I had a date over and she was coming out of the restroom and Bogie was at the door waiting for her. When she thought I couldn't see her, she shoved Bogie away and said, "Get away from me"... That was my first and last date with her.

After feeding the Kennel, we headed out to drive Meg home. She didn't invite me in, but did give me a long engaging hug and kiss in her kitchen. I guess I was in! She sent me on my way after telling me that she wanted to see me again, to call her soon. I really don't know what to do with her, but I know that I liked her.

The Dating Guy
9/1/08

No comments: