Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Meet Dr. Harvey...

I must say that ever since I've made the acquaintance of the Lovely Jules, things have been anything but stable. Today, she was supposed to pick me up and take me back to her place to work on plastics, but without notice, Maureen called and cancelled her schedule. The day changed to a play day within seconds. When I got out of the shower, I found it unusual that the dogs were not waiting for me in their beds, which is usually the case when I shower. I came walking out of the bathroom, naked and looking for my underwear in the laundry room from last night's laundry attempt. There sitting at my computer was the Lovely Jules, trying her best to find out my most hidden secrets. After putting on my jeans, I approached her, but by the time I did, she was reading some nameless blog.

We headed out to a restaurant for breakfast, with me being forewarned that if I complained about anything, she was giving me notice that it was my last chance... Breakfast was awful, but I kept it to myself..... and you! From there we headed to target to return a movie that was duplicated, then back to Julie's house to drop her off. The purpose of the day was to get my Toyota back to me, since I sold my date car. I was in my car and ready to leave, when I realized I had no plans for the day and Julie had asked me to install a remote to her 3rd garage door. From her driveway, I called her and asked if she had bought the remote and the answer was no. So we headed over to Home Depot to get one, but needed to stop at the pet shop to pick up dog food and hairspray for me, just the hairspray was for me, the dog food was for the Dynamic Duo.

Julie had a bag full of things to return to the Depot, that she had accumulated over the past year or so. One of our first days together, a year and a half ago, she bought a new door knob for her garage door entrance and it was never installed. It went back and she bought the wrong remote for the garage instead. I tried installing it, but her garage door opener was too old for the new type remote. I finally left about 1:30 and got home to my delightful dogs. Shortly after that, my new doctor, Dr. Harvey called and we chatted for a time, then St. Jules called and told me we had a new assignment for the restaurant review and since I was a party to all of this, it was my responsibility to research the restaurant and make the reservation. It's at an upscale Scottsdale restaurant and it's going to require dressing up. I'm planning on buying and forcing the Lovely Jules to wear a pink dress for the occasion. I'll have to let you know how that goes, but I'm NOT encouraged.

I got a call from my former wife tonight. She wanted to let me know that our estranged son had finally gotten in touch with her after about a year of hiding. Unfortunately he's still afraid to call me.

Mel
9/30/08
Happy Rosh Hashanna

No comments: