Sunday, June 29, 2008

Along Came Shelley...


Then there was Shelley.... Shelley came to me from a referral from a friend. She was located on a "free" dating service and she was the only email that I received that was from a real flesh and bones person, as compared to a guy named Ralph that dragged his knuckles on the ground when he first got out of the joint until he could make a few bucks off of unsuspecting guys that were lonely, guys my age! Here is Ralph's scam. He posts a picture of an attractive young beauties online, then writes to horny old guys professing "her" love for this confused old guy with plenty of bucks. Horny guy thinks he's found happiness and releases large sums of cash to resolve whatever problem "hot stuff" has portrayed to the money-bags, only there is no hot stuff, just Ralph who is so stupid that he thinks he's home free, until Johnny Law comes and yells, "Get on the Ground" a few times and Ralph winds up back in the joint.

So Shelley, like me was an innocent bystander and I knew from her average to below average looks that she was not one of the phonies, because clearly Shelley was just below average, or so I thought. I emailed Shelley and we corresponded for a suitable length of time and frankly she seemed a little standoffish. Then, when this bogus website sent Shelley to me as a perfect match, I forwarded the email to her with the message, "It's inevitable", heaven wants us to be together. Now in Shelley's defense, it wasn't her fault that I was only 6 feet tall. Eventually, Shelley and I spoke on the phone and she was about 6' tall herself and kept asking me if big chicks bothered me. I really didn't have an answer to that question and just relied upon nature to let me know that answer. Then Shelley wanted me to send her some additional pictures and I went to my old computer to try one last time for it to perform it's tasks. After about an hour, I was able to squeeze out a few average, but fairly recent photos of the Dating Guy and I sent them to Shelley. She answered that she was pleased with my looks and here were a few of her. Up to now, the only picture that I saw of Shelley was probably off of her driver's license, indicating only a facial shot and she was wearing sun glasses in that photo.

In the course of our conversations, I was quite impressed with Shelley. She was a midwife, specializing in deliveries of babies to mothers that suffered from Diabetes. She spoke publicly to groups of doctors as she was one of the few experts in that field, holding a Master's Degree. She not only rode a Harley, but had her own and it was a trike (3 wheeler). At 46 years old, she was not only the mother of 2 but the grandmother of 2 as well. The things that didn't impress me about Shelley was that she spoke like a biker and had a deep smoker's voice. That in conjunction with her height worried me that she was more masculine than me. Above is the picture of herself along with her posse' Which one would hope to be Shelley? I just didn't want to take a chance and didn't call back!

The Dating Guy...
6/29/08

No comments: