Monday, June 23, 2008

Paintless Dent Removal...

Today, my main focus was to get hooked up with a dent guy. A dent guy is a guy that travels from car lot to car lot doing paintless dent removal. I have two cars that I can think of that need that sort of attention. First I dug through my old business cards that people would give from time to time, realizing when I found the first dent removal card that it said to dial 602 before a Glendale, AZ location, indicating that this card was from before we went to 3 area codes, years ago. What the heck, I tried it. I got the information that that number was in a different area code and hung up. Next, I added a 623 before the number and tried it again, but got the voice machine of a man that just arrived here from Bangladesh and he wasn't talking about dent removal, but in his closing did mention that Allah should be with me.

Next, a different card given to me by a neighbor 2 doors down and her boy-toy, Billie-Bob. About 5 years ago, my neighbor was at a local neighborhood bar getting drunk and she came home with Billie-Bob, a (then) 28 year old good looking young man that had the brain of a 14 year old. She has kept him captive there for the past 5 years, but since he thinks he's at summer camp, doesn't complain much. As soon as he figures out that the other kids won't be coming, he's going to get wise to her scheme and run away. On that card, the number was disconnected :=(

I went to the Internet and put in a search for "paintless dent removal", Phoenix, AZ. I got a list that were obsolete and otherwise gone. I tried Dent Busters on Cave Creek Rd. and got a guy that was just plain dumb. You can usually tell from someones voice if they're really dumb and this guy qualified as "STUPID +". He informed me that those guys don't exist anymore, the only way to get dents removed was to bring it to his shop where he worked, along with a kid named Billie-Bob. I told him how helpful he was and he actually believed me and hung up, yelling to Billie-Bob, "I done good"!

Next, I called an old friend of mine that would know of one if anyone would and he told me he's pretty much out of the car business. He's buying up equipment from construction companies that are going bankrupt and selling them on eBay and Craigslist. I asked him if he needed any help, but I think we were disconnected, hmm.....

Feeling defeated, I went to my mailbox to see who I owe money to and came back with nothing but an advertisement that said there was a sale on Cremations from Neptune Society, they were offering a special. Cremate one person and get an extra cremation FREE.. That really got me thinking!!!

Mel
6/23/08

No comments: