Tuesday, October 7, 2008

That wasn't Yogurt, that was Sour Cream!

Doctor Harvey called yesterday and told me to use Magnesium to eliminate the horrible cramping that I'm getting in my legs lately. Also, he suggested fish oil for blood pressure reduction. Not as a cure, but it certainly won't hurt. Even I knew that Omega 3 was good for you. When the Lovely Jules got wind of his latest addition to my drug regiment, she immediately took charge of getting these items, as her former husband was a vitamin enthusiast. I got a phone call this morning, but as opposed to getting up and enduring the leg cramps that would come with it, I decided to call LJ back from my cell phone that was at my side.

LJ has been suffering from a rather uncommon disease of late, rendering her almost useless to the average onlooker. It started with a failing kidney and just my luck, it was the one that she was going to give to me! The continuation of her disease has later effected other organs causing them to completely fail or just temporarily cease. Some of the organs involved are her kidneys, left and then right, liver has stopped completely leaving her with bruising and yellow eyes, heart, spleen and pancreas have stopped and her brain is only operating at 22% of capacity. In some third world countries, she would be considered brain dead, but that's how I like her.

The Lovely Jules was driving North on the 51 and wanted to know if I needed anything other than the Magnesium and fish oil, as she was going to Whole Foods, her adult playground. I muttered nothing, thank you and she advised me that she was in a rush and would shop for the items I needed and then drive them by, but didn't have time to come in. I was happy with that as I hadn't even showered yet. About 45 minutes later, she called on my cell phone and told me she was here. I went outside with the Dynamic Duo at my feet, but I was able to slip outside alone. With some pretty disappointed barking being left behind me, I went to my driveway, where I expected to see LJ, but no one was there. I looked down 57th St. that empties into my driveway and there was LJ just pulling up figuring her schedule perfectly. She handed me a green bag that said Albertson's on it and told me to keep green. She opened her dialogue with me by telling me I look like shit! I asked if it were my hair that I had wetted and just slicked back and she said no, it was my face. Not much I could do about that besides stay home and hide it! I asked what the other stuff was in my green bag and she said it was yogurt to line my stomach with, as I don't want to take those pills on an empty stomach. I thanked her and wondered what I could do to look better, but couldn't come up with anything short of a mask, so I went into my house....depressed.

In addition to my yogurt surprise, there were other things in the bag, such as some chicken thing, maybe a quiche and something with cheese grated all over it. Basically chick food. I started to investigate my surprises from LJ and when I opened what was supposed to be yogurt, I saw sliced strawberries and granola and raisins floating on top of white yogurt. I went for a big spoon and dug right in and came up with a sour, awful look on my face as the yogurt wasn't yogurt, but it was sour cream! I don't think Jules made the mistake, but rather an employee that was either having a little fun or just creating mischief. Whatever the case, I enjoyed the strawberries, granola and raisins and just a little sour cream!

Mel
10/7/08

No comments: