Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ratting Out the Dentist...

When I finally broke down and turned myself in at the dentist's office, all I wanted was to get my broken teeth fixed. As previously mentioned, most of the work done by my previous dentist was half-assed, shoddy and for the most part temporary. All of the crowns he placed fell off numerous times and that was the work of Frank Pavlics of Bell Rd in Phoenix. I talked to friends and eventually found a dentist that was referred to me by a casual acquaintance. This dentist that shall remain nameless for now, "worked" with me on the price for a total repair on all of the defective work and gave me an "out the door" price after a little negotiating. Here lies the problem. Lloyd, his first name, is going through some tough times evidently, and doesn't keep regular hours and doesn't answer his phone and refuses to return my calls, in spite of the fact that I'm still in discomfort and is holding the entire $3500 he was paid by credit card. I've already made 2 payments to Chase Bank on the indebtedness and all I have are 3 temporary teeth covering the holes he drilled into my existing teeth, along with a lot of frustration and discomfort. I can hear the "I told ya so's" already from people whose dentists I did not use, MJ, LJ, Eugie, and someone named Mari.

I called Lloyd's office this morning around 9 AM and requested a call back before noon today and of course that never happened. That makes 3 calls to the office and his private cell number that have gone unreturned. Shortly after noon today, I placed a call to Chase bank and requested the "Dispute Dept.". I spoke with a very charming lady that listened to my problem and agreed that enough time has gone by for the dentist to have performed his work and I am entitled to a reversal of funds. She told me to find an new dentist and to ask him to write a letter stating that the work required is to replace the work that was to have been done by the previous dentist.

Frankly, all I wanted was my teeth fixed, not this DRAMA!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I didn't know that one could dispute a charge that had already been paid! I know you don't want to bother with all the bs, but at least you will be able to get your dollars returned. Good luck, sorry your teeth are causing distress. I know how much that can hurt.