Saturday, November 24, 2007

Just Two Kinds of People

As far as I'm concerned and I know I suffer from tunnel vision, there are only 2 types of people in the world. Forget about Black and white and brown and yellow or red. Forget about sloppy versus neat and left handed against right. There are only people that can do things with their toes and people that cannot! Many a time I have been walking across my bedroom and notice a sock on the floor and reach over with my toes and pick it up and toss it to my hand, who is anxiously awaiting the toss. I always thought I was blessed with this advantage until I met another person that puts me to shame with toes tossing. For now she shall remain anonymous, but her initials are Julie.

Julie can put the average person to shame with her 10 pedicular additional digits. She has what has been affectionately started to be called, talented toes or TT. I'd be willing to bet that TT is hereditary and it is passed on from mother to granddaughter often times skipping a generation. It is mostly predominant in the female of the species that is left handed or in this case left toed. Here is an example. Although Julie's toes have never been called pretty, they can really move along. The other night I was sitting on the sofa when Julie accosted my covered feet with the offer to get comfortable. As would anyone else, I looked at her. She reached over with her feet and began to remove my shoes, MY SHOES! She pushed her four sisters to the heel of my shoes and I'll be damned, but she pushed them right off, both of them! Then, while I was still amazed at her ability to maneuver her toes in such an unnatural fashion, she tucked her big toe under the back of my sock and began to remove that as well! With my mouth agape, she kept looking at me and saying, "What"? I discovered her trick. Her second toes is at least a half inch longer than her biggest toes, the one that I refer to as the older sister. It is not only agile, but ambidextrous, educated and a great dancer. That big toe of hers RULES! I checked the archives at ASU and found that her toes graduated in the summer of 1978 with a bachelors degree. Her toes are nothing to sneeze at! My toes are just plain jealous!

No comments: