Friday, November 23, 2007

The Mad "Hacker" Strikes Again... (rebuttal)


If you read the entry AFTER this one, you'll see that Julie, once again, "hacked" into my blog and took charge of things. I feel it's only fair to offer MY side of the situation. Read on...

We have been planning this day almost since I met Julie. We talked about our Thanksgiving plans from the very beginning. Since Jules was going through her "thing", she decided this is such a fractured holiday for her that she would cook for me and we would spend Thanksgiving together. I was all for it, since I had no permanent plans in place. However, in addition, since these plans were set in place they have changed about 700 times. Julie was going to feed the woman's shelter, go to her daughter's families event and then it went full circle and I was brought back into the Thanksgiving plan.

Julie brought everything, from the stuffing to the 2 different types of corn niblets, to the 3 pies for dessert. I supplied the turkey as outlined in, "Food Shopping, it's Easy". Jules even brought firewood in case it was cool enough for a fire.

She was going to come over early and get everything started, she arrived at noon. She had wanted ME to strip the bird of it's natural plastic cover and put it in the oven. I told her I'd wait for her.

When she did arrive, toting camera and a smile, she worked diligently until everything was in place. I could see Julie was getting antsy as she read the paper and took pride in throwing each section across the floor as she finished it. She also displayed a certain amount of anxiety by insisting that the little "pop up" that every turkey is evidently born with, wouldn't pop up! She asked if I had a meat thermometer and I did. She told me it doesn't work, as the reading was not satisfactory for her. We pulled the turkey out anyway, a little under done, but it was fine. We filled our plates and sat down to eat. Julie wolfed her food down and waited for me to finish. I don't think 10 minutes went by when Julie announced she was leaving, it was about 4:45. Confused, I asked why. She said her dog was alone and she had to get home. I looked at the pile of dirty pots and pans, that only a real cook can create, and asked what about the mess? She said, you can clean it up (but I couldn't). She didn't understand. When a man makes a meal, he dirties one plate and one fork, maybe a knife too, that's it! This was a mess that only a woman could address. I was NOT prepared! She even left me with the entire turkey, still sitting on the cooking rack! I cut it in half with my 7 1/4" circular saw and stuffed it into 2 quart sized baggies. Dear Lord, she knows not what she does!

Pawpaw had been alone for whopping 5 hours, he was outside on the most beautiful day of the year, in a place that he would rather be than anywhere in the world. I thought he'd be just fine for the last hour that it would have taken the two of us to clean up, instead of the 3 hours that it took me. Am I wrong here?

It turned out that it was NOT Trytptophan poisoning, it was just plain old irritability! When I called Jules, SHE had a Mel't down and insisted on being alone the rest of the night. I had planned on driving over..

Now that you've heard both sides of the story, your comments are welcome.

No comments: