Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dodged a Tall Skinny Bullet...


A couple of months ago, I contacted a woman on the dating service. Her name was Nancy and she was from Chicago and was a Jewess. Self employed and here for quite some time with a quick stopover in LA. From the picture and the specks, she seemed like a pretty good match for me, although since I've sworn off Jewish women. After writing to one another for a brief time, she asked me for my phone number and I was happy to give it to her. She called when she said she would and we chatted for about 3 minutes when she blurted out that she wasn't feeling a connection and quickly hung up. With my mouth agape, I took the phone away from my ear and just looked at it, wondering what had just happened. We were still at the point in our conversation discussing what parts of Chicago we were both from. In utter amazement, I just kept looking blankly at the phone and eventually put it down. I couldn't help but wonder what really happened to cut our call and potential relationship short. Oh well, I moved on.

At the beginning of this post is the picture that I called from and at the end of this post is the picture that she posted today, WHEW!!!! Could that be the same lady???


(Warning: The Surgeon General warns that dating this woman can be dangerous for your well being).


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a guy in drag in
the 2nd photo. For real. Maybe
it's a compliment she (he, it?)
didn't feel a connection...eh?

Things I Left Behind said...

Sandra: (who would sign anonymous with... "EH")?

The cross-dressing, transgender thing never occurred to me, whew! It's reassuring to know the boys still like me though!

Mel

Anonymous said...

eh? as in "ya think"? dah

Things I Left Behind said...

I thought "eh" was exclusively Canadian, duh! Silly me.

Mel

Anonymous said...

Guess you were wrong...eh? But,
that 2nd photo is definitely fairly frightening. Better luck
next time around my friend. Who is
Sandra?

Anonymous said...

Ok, Easter Bunny...I think she's ok if you like huge Restalyn lips...Got a bit of Daffy Duck in her though...How's her walk? Voice? And was she playing with that dog or was that dog trying to escape? You, a man for detail, are lax in a few necessary ones...Wish you'd gone out and at least kissed her...more details we could have had fun with (at your expense, of course!). Thanks for the Easter Msg, my friend...

Anonymous said...

These are the most collective
posts I think Mel has ever had. Maybe he should date Pete Burns
more often.........te-hee! Keep
the pot stirred a bit, eh?

Things I Left Behind said...

Ashamedly, I didn't know who Pete Burns was, but I Googled him/her. Great comparison, NY,TN, anonymous person.

Mel