Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I've Got Some Good News and Some Bad News...

Oh how I hate to hear people start their conversations with me, with that as an opener. I was smack dab in the middle of my late afternoon nap. You know the one that you never plan, that just happens, when you're over 60? When suddenly I heard a screeching annoying noise. Who set the alarm clock? Oh, it was my cell phone and it was Dwayne, the guy that has my Toyota Echo. He announced it was ready, buuuut...... he had some good news and had some bad news. The good news was that it was ready and the bad news was that he lost my dealer plate during the ride.

When Dwayne arrived some 30 minutes later, he was right on both accounts. The job, my primary concern, did come out beautifully and the plate was indeed gone. There was no point in reiterating about it, gone is gone. Dwayne acted as though he really felt bad about it and assured me that he was going to re-track his steps and search for it. The plate was attached to said vehicle by a strong magnet. That magnet, although I used to worry that it might fall off a car, lasted over 20 years successful staying attached to wherever I placed it. More likely, I suspect somebody knowing that alot of dealer plates are attached only by magnets, pulled it off for their own private use. The magnet, not the plate. The plate will be reported lost or stolen and cancelled. Dwayne did manage to convey to me that he was worried for his life driving that car on a windy day, such as today. I assured him that I shared his thoughts on that. I do find it awfully strange that he managed to drive this dangerous little car 103 miles in the time that he had it, however. I thought it wise to remember the mileage before he left.

Bottom line is, I'll definitely use Dwayne again. He did everything he was supposed to and I'd say the job came out better that I'd hoped for. He was polite, knowledgeable, and prompt. I just won't be using magnets around him again...

No comments: