Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Dating Guy Surfaces...

The Dating Guy
After a long rest, the dating guy reappears. After terminating what I certainly thought was going to be a long term relationship with the lovely Jules, I find myself alone and searching once again for the perfect mate. I have a couple of phone numbers that I accumulated, but every time I think of calling one of them, a dismal frown overcomes my face and I get a sour taste in my mouth. I can attribute the sour taste to my cooking, but what about this frown? Suddenly the answer came to mind. When I had a car that I wanted to get rid of, I advertised it and it went away. Why not advertise myself? I placed an ad on Craigs List advertising for a woman that might be interested in a second hand, old man without any particular talents. I popped a picture on there to go with it and you'd be surprised about how many responses I got the first 10 minutes...............two, just two. One lady didn't have a picture to show me and when I asked if she smoked, she disappeared like a cloud on a windy day. The second one boasted of being 5' 3" and 167 LB and what was supposed to be a picture was just a black rectangle with 2 eyes in it. I asked her a picture that was a little more revealing and who knows what she thought because she went with the smoker to greener pastures..

This morning I got an email along with a picture of a lady that was standing in a field, she was about the size of a dot. Again, I asked for a picture that would tell me more. She sent me one that showed her face a little bit, but still way too small to see anything. With each picture she was getting older too. With my 3rd request I asked for her age and another picture that would show her pretty face. She sent me a close up and she mentioned that that particular picture makes her look wrinkled and does her age really matter? She looked about 60+. My fourth email just said yes, it matters! I can see this is not going to be easy.

Tonight about 5 PM I got another email with a picture of an attractive lady that just said she'd like to meet. I'll keep you posted on that. God, I hate this.

No comments: