Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Today I Learned the Truth....

It was late morning and my phone that I've been thinking about disconnecting began ringing as if I had a lot of friends, I don't. The thought of just having a cell phone crossed my mind since I'll no longer be using the home phone that much. I had just come out of the shower and I took the first call and it was Barry in FL, so I spoke with him for a few minutes and decided his time was up. As I was answering Barry's call, my phone beeped indicating another call. I looked at the caller ID and decided it was too early in the first call to dump it and waited to return the second call. Got all that?
I called back my second friend that I hadn't talked to in a long while. His idea was to have lunch and we agreed on PF Changs. It's good that we designated which one, because I was all set to go to the Keirlands Changs and he was going to Fashion Square Changs. Open communication is SO important! I finished dressing, made some flimsy excuse to the Dynamic Duo as where I was going and headed out. I arrived at the Fashion Square about 5 minutes early and recognized my friend's car in the parking lot and was able to get the parking place right next to his. As I approached PF Changs, things were looking a bit different. So different that the sign read Z.Tejas??? I walked up to the both that said information and there two ladies sitting there. One was well into her 70's and the other about 25 and cute. Who do you suppose I spoke with? What did you do with PF Changs, I asked. She said, me??? Yes, where did you put it? She said it was at the corner of Scottsdale Rd. and Camelback on the SW corner, just like always. And when did it appear there, I asked? About 7 years ago she said. Humph, I replied and started my trek. I guess it's been about 8 years since I was last there, who figured they move it?
I called my friend and said to wait for me, I was just a few minutes behind him. He casually asked if I went to the old location by accident. No, just running a few minutes late is all.. (Who told him?) I made the walk to the new location in about 5 minutes and he was waiting for me in their waiting area. Our host, a boy that was obviously dressed for his Bar Mitzvah walked us towards a 2 top and I casually sat down in a comfortable booth and waited for them to realize, this was my choice. My friend and the Bar Mitzvah boy met me there and plopped down 2 menus.. I thought I heard the word "asshole" being pronounced by someone, oh well.
After several friendly exchanges, the topic of "Truth" came up. I was telling my friend that I had experienced an argument with someone recently over what was the truth on a topic. My friend explained what he knew about truths. Given the example of religion, Muslims, Jews, Christians and even Atheists believe that their way is the right way, therefore their way is the truth and they are all correct. The difference is the interpretation of the truth. If they believe that their way is the truth, then it is and there are now more than one truth, as ridiculous as that seems. Two people having opposite beliefs on a topic can both be 100% right. And that's the TRUTH! I had the Shrimp in Lobster sauce, it was too salty!

No comments: