Monday, August 11, 2008

Climbing Back Up on that Horse...

Mara (short for Marlilyn)
With my last girlfriend gone, I once again pick myself up and brush myself off and try this dating thing once again. Just in case any of you are following along, MJ and I tried our best to gel, but ultimately were not a good match, so forward is the only direction left to go...

Enter Mara. Mara is a lady that I had been speaking with when MJ and I started dating and I let her know that I was once again a member of the single available crowd. This happened at an opportune time, as she just returned from vacation back east. We chatted on the phone for about an hour and she seems to have a great personality, plus we both share the same religion that we both simultaneously ignore. Mara claims to be 53, but God only knows what to expect. When you get to my age, age is just an imaginary number that you try to avoid at any cost. When I asked Mara if she's had any work done, she replied that she had just had her kitchen floor washed, but that was about it. So far, so good!

Our date is for tomorrow night, I'll try to keep you posted.

The Dating Guy
8/11/08

No comments: