Monday, August 25, 2008

I Suspect Fowl Play...

Today started out like any other day. I had a few things on my "must do" list. I HAD to go to the DMV and pick up the title and license plates for the car that I sold last week and I was almost out of dog food, which meant a mandatory trip to Costco. I was supposed to go to the lab and get blood drawn again today, but blew it off in view of me feeling pretty good, I figured how sick could I be? I got up about 7 and went through my overnight emails. Living in AZ and having everywhere else in the country ahead of us, I get a considerable amount of email in the mornings, if I'm to include the 1 email a month on comments about my blog and that one is usually from Julie writing as the Ghost Writer. Then I read some mandatory morning blogs and usually head to the shower.

I arrived at Motor Vehicle early enough to call my customer before 10 AM and tell her that I had her title and plates. The one thing that people want, after working hard and earning enough money to buy a new car and paying for it, is the title and plates without fail. They want that in their hands, without exception. I called young Nikkie on her cell phone and told her who I was and what I had for her. Her response was just one word, "Awesome". She told me she would be over at her lunch hour to pick them up and we confirmed it would be the noon hour. I told her I was going to try to make a run to Costco, but if I'm not going to be there by noon, I'd call her back. I decided not to go to Costco until after she picked up her stuff, as my afternoon was free. I waited and waited and waited some more. At 1 PM, I called and left her a voicemail that I was leaving and her things would be laying up against my front door for her to claim at her convenience. It was off to Costco for me, to get the much needed dog food. Because I checked, I was gone a total of 80 minutes and when I got home, there was her stuff still leaning where I placed it. I brought it in and put it on the table in my foyer. I went about my business assuming she'd come after work. She only works 5 minutes from here and certainly it wouldn't be a lot of trouble to pick it up... See what's happening here? I'm getting obsessed with it. It just doesn't make sense to me to not show up and not even call.

Next, I looked for her email address and sent her an email saying I still had her stuff, when will she be coming for it? No response and it's been 4 and a half hours since the email.

Here's the good news, I bought frozen lasagna at Costco!
Mel
8/25/08

No comments: