Monday, August 18, 2008

Forbidden Fruit...

Dr. Zaharia returned my call last night. The only call I accepted. It's funny, but when you're too sick to talk on the phone, everyone wants to speak with you. I dodged calls from misc solicitors, potential dates, Julie and Randi. The shooting pain in my stomach is relentless, along with some symptoms to go along with it that are unmentionable. According to Dr. Z. I've ingested a contaminated apple. I never bother to wash them off before eating them, something that I will do religiously in the future. We get our apples from Mexico and God only know what they use to fertilize with. I asked what he means by a contaminated apple and he said it's possible that I ingested e-coli. In addition, the contamination has stopped my kidneys flat and I fear that they won't start again. Naturally, no knowing better, I stopped all of the meds that would have helped and increase things that I thought would help my situation, but of course I was wrong. Z seems to have me on the right path now. I asked how long this discomfort would last and he didn't have an answer. I'm just glad to have him in my life, as my only alternative would be the dreaded Emergency Room, where they remove organs and ask question later. Urgh!
Mel
8/17/08

No comments: