Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas in January...

2007 Dell 17" Vostro, Power Steering, A/C & Moonroof!
Well, it finally came! We were waiting for it was open arms. The days went by so slowly that I thought I was 7 again... Remember how when you were waiting for the Sears catalogue delivery of your new toy, or the corduroy pants that we so in style, or better yet, the ones with the buckle in the back? I called Julie about 5 different times today and kept asking if it had come yet. She repeatedly answered that she said she would call me, remember??? Yeah, yeah, yeah... I was anxious. This is the day that DHL is delivering my new laptop that Julie got me for Christmas!! I knew that she said she'd call me, but I thought maybe she forgot or got busy at work. How could I take that chance...




At about 3:30 I was sitting in the waiting room at a blood lab, waiting for some vampire to extract just enough blood to satisfy himself for dinner, when the call came. Right in front of me was a sign that read no cell phone calls allowed in the waiting room! I felt the familiar vibration and I knew if I didn't answer it, it would go off like an alarm clock at 6 AM. I half whispered hello as I ran my ass out the door, creating quite a confusion with the geriatric crowd that frequents such a place. It was Julie announcing it had come... She said she was bringing it over in about 30 minutes. As I re-entered the blood-letting salon, they called my name and I was quickly jabbed, drained and wrapped to dry. I split!!!




I walked in the door and was immediately accosted my the Dynamic Duo. I'd been gone for about 6 hours and that's longer than they were used to "holding" it. Don't forget these are senior citizens now. I don't think I could hold on for 6 hours these days! I no sooner fed them their dinners when Julie used her key to open my front door. Like a little kid, I said hello and then "where is it"? Out in the truck, she replied. All four of us went out to her truck, but between you and me, neither dog helped in the least to carry it in!




Julie whipped out her box cutter, she had thought of everything. We ripped and tore and fought with the Styrofoam. We tore boxes and finally freed the entangled laptop. It was beautiful, but the work was just about to begin.. As usual, it required a phone call to India to complete the installation that took about 4 hours in total. The wireless feature was what took so long. Women tend to have more patience than men when it comes to this sort of thing, but I was questioning that thought when I saw the look on Julie's face after about 3 hours of having the technicalities explained to her. Suddenly, without warning the security was in place and it was ready to rock and roll. Between just us, I was glad that Julie handled it, this way there are no thrown or smashed parts to replace....




About 30 minutes after Julie left, she IM'ed me on the computer and said that if I had any questions, just to call her. Hell, I only called her 3 times so far... You may not be able to tell, but I used this new computer to write this post. It looks clearer than my old one, doesn't it?

1 comment:

C.A. said...

HURRAAAAAAAAAY for the new laptop! I cannot WAIT to hear about how great it is! You may inspire me to purchase one myself, Mel! :)