Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm the King of My Castle...

King Bogart

Queen Zoie

We used to have 3 sofas in our family room, but Bogie wore his out a couple of years ago. It was so bad that when it came time to push it to the curb and have the city pick it up, that I waited until the next door neighbors were out of town on vacation and pushed it in front of their house! There was no way I wanted anyone to think it was mine. I also felt bad for the neighbors and put a couple of palm fronds on top of it to hide the condition of the horribly used up sofa. At one point, some refuge pickers tried to steal it, but after a closer inspection, reconsidered and put it back.
At this point, my 2 Great Danes were forced to share one sofa. Zoie the queen of the castle usually insists on having one to herself, which leaves my baby-boy to fend for himself and he usually crawls into the crate where there are approximately 6 old bed spreads and comforters piled up.
Lately, he comes over to my sofa, rubs his massive neck on my feet and growls. This makes me laugh hysterically because I know it's his way to tell me to move my feet, he wants up. What he really wants is for me to get off the damned sofa and find myself a place to lite. Several evenings a week I go to the "Lovely Jules'" house and he's got this sofa to himself anyway. So, laughing like a hyena, I submit to his aggressive demands and sit upright, a position I'm not terribly fond of when I'm tired. Bogie climbs up on the sofa and occupies the third cushion...................... for about 5 minutes and then he sits up and then lies down again, this time taking up at least 2 cushions. Before long, he's laying on me and inching me off the sofa all together. The above photo was the end result, as usual.

No comments: